|These rules may sound too simple for the learned aspirant but
for those who are willing to become as little children they will be found to be a safe
guide into truth  and will eventually make them able to pass the tests for adeptship.
Some are couched in terms symbolic, others are necessarily blinds, still others express
the truth just as it is.
- View the world of thought, and separate the false out of the true.
- Learn the meaning of illusion, and in its midst locate the golden thread of truth.
- Control the body of emotion, for the waves that rise upon the stormy seas of life
engulf the swimmer, shut out the sun and render all plans futile.
- Discover that thou hast a mind and learn its dual use.
- Concentrate the thinking principle, and be the master of thy mental world.
- Learn that the thinker and his thought and that which is the means of thought are
diverse in their nature, yet one in ultimate reality.
- Act as the thinker, and learn it is not right to prostitute thy thought to the base use
of separative desire.
- The energy of thought is for the good of all and for the furtherance of the Plan of God.
Use it not therefore for thy selfish ends.
- Before a thought-form is by thee constructed, vision its purpose, ascertain its goal,
and verify the motive.
- For thee, the aspirant on the way of life, the way of conscious building is not yet the
goal. The work of cleaning out the atmosphere of thought, of barring fast the doors of
thought to hate and pain, to fear, and jealousy and low desire, must first precede the
conscious work of building. See to thy aura, oh traveler on the way.
- Watch close the gates of thought. Sentinel desire.  Cast out all fear, all hate,
all greed. Look out and up.
- Because thy life is mostly centered on the plane of concrete life, thy words and speech
will indicate thy thought. To these pay close attention.
- Speech is of triple kind. The idle words will each produce effect. If good and
kind, naught need be done. If otherwise, the paying of the price cannot be long delayed.
The selfish words, sent forth with strong intent, build up a wall of separation.
Long time it takes to break that wall and so release the stored-up, selfish purpose. See
to thy motive, and seek to use those words which blend thy little life with the large
purpose of the will of God.
The word of hate, the cruel speech which ruins those who feel its spell, the
poisonous gossip, passed along because it gives a thrill - these words kill the flickering
impulses of the soul, cut at the roots of life, and so bring death.
If spoken in the light of day, just retribution will they bring; when spoken and then
registered as lies, they strengthen that illusory world in which the speaker lives and
holds him back from liberation.
If uttered with intent to hurt, to bruise and kill, they wander back to him who sent them
forth and him they bruise and kill.
- The idle thought, the selfish thought, the cruel hateful thought if rendered into word
produce a prison, poison all the springs of life, lead to disease, and cause disaster and
delay. Therefore, be sweet and kind and good as far as in thee lies. Keep silence and the
light will enter in.
- Speak not of self. Pity not thy fate. The thoughts of self and of thy lower destiny
prevent the inner  voice of thine own soul from striking upon thine ear. Speak
of the soul; enlarge upon the plan; forget thyself in building for the
world. Thus is the law of form offset. Thus can the rule of love enter upon that
These simple rules will lay right foundations for the carrying forward of the magical
work, and will render the mental body so clear and so powerful that right motive will
control and true work in building will be possible.
Much of the significance of this rule must remain theoretical, and be considered as
holding a challenge until such time as the real magical work of thought-form building
becomes universally possible. The formula, as we have seen, will remain unknown to
all save the members of the Hierarchy of Adepts for long ages to come. The directional
words are capable of ascertainment, but only to those who are working consciously
under the guidance of their own souls, and who, through mind control merging into deep
meditation, can manipulate the matter of thought and become "knowing creators."
These can, and do, speak the impulsive words which bring into being those new forms and
organisms, those expressions of ideas and those organizations which live their life cycle
and serve their purpose, and so come, duly, to their timely and appointed end. These
creators are the leaders and organizers, the teachers and the guides in all phases of
human living. Their sound does go forth into all lands and their note is internationally
recognized. Hundreds of such names are easily remembered and spring unbidden to the mind.
They live in the memory of the multitude and that which lives is the sound of their
accomplishment, be that good or bad.