|You will notice how the meditation now to be outlined is a
natural sequence to the one which presumably you followed all last year.
STAGE ONE -
Pass rapidly through the steps of recognition, consideration and fixed determination.
These, if correctly followed, will bring you to the point at which this new meditation
'Then proceed as follows:
STAGE TWO -
The Center of Focused Thought.
- Polarize yourself consciously upon the mental plane, tuning out all lower vibrations and
- Then orient yourself to the Spiritual Triad, through an act of the will and the
imaginative use of the antahkarana.
- Next, take your theme word under consideration and ponder deeply upon it for at least
five minutes. Endeavor to extract its quality and life, thus lifting it and your thought
to as high a plane as possible.
- Then sound the 0M, and wait silently, holding the mind steady. This is "the pause
STAGE THREE - The Recipient of Impression.
- Assuming an attitude of the highest expectancy, you  will now express in your own
words the highest truth of the monthly word-theme that you have been able to reach.
- You then relate that theme to the present world opportunity, thus universalizing
the concept, seeing its relationship to world affairs, its usefulness and spiritual value
to humanity as a whole.
- Holding the mind in the light, you will then write down the first thought (no matter
what it is) that enters into your waiting mind in connection with the theme of your
meditation. The ability to do this will grow with practice, and will eventually evoke the
intuition and thus fertilize your mind.
- Again sound the OM, with the intent of refocusing yourself upon the mental plane. If
your work has been successful, your original focus will have shifted to intuitional levels
or to the levels of the higher, abstract mind, via the antahkarana. This must happen, in
time, if your work has been faithfully followed. But bear ever in your thought that you
must work as a mind, and not as an aspirant or from the angle of memory. Think on
STAGE FOUR - The Analyzer of Ideas.
- You now analyze or think over with clarity the work you have done, and the ideas now in
your mind, seeing them in a true perspective in relation to the whole problem of the day.
- Then, choosing one of the ideas which your theme-word has evoked, you think about it,
analyze it and relate it to life, getting all you can out of it. This evoked idea may and
should vary from day to day but will always remain related to the monthly theme.
- Then study the idea in connection with yourself, the disciple, active in service and the
Master's work, but not in connection with the personality. This you will find an
interesting distinction. Make the idea practical, enabling it to "qualify" you
or enrich you.
- Again sound the 0M, with the intent of making the sensed idea a part of your very
STAGE FIVE - The Transmitter of Ideas.
- As the disciple, you have realized that a knowledge of truth and the reception of ideas
lays on you the responsibility to be a transmitter to others. Ponder on this.
- Now take the
idea which the theme has engendered, or take the theme-word itself if no ideas have come
to you, and in imagination formulate it in such a way that it can be presented to others,
to your friends, to those you seek to help and to humanity - when opportunity offers.
Think the idea through mentally, emotionally, and practically, thus precipitating it
outwards into the world of thought.
- Then (using
the creative imagination and seeing yourself as a responsible transmitter, doing the work
of the Ashram) breathe out the idea as a formulated, living thought-form into the great
stream of mental substance which is ever playing upon the human consciousness.
- Sound the
OM, thus "closing the episode."
above meditation with a daily dedication of yourself to the service of humanity; renew
your pledge to your Master and say the Mantram of Unification I gave you some years ago:
The sons of men are one and I am one with them.
I seek to love, not hate;
I seek to serve not exact due service;
I seek to heal, not hurt.
bring due reward of light and love.
Let the soul control the outer form, and life and all events
And bring to light the love that underlies the happenings of the time.
come and insight. 
Let the future stand revealed.
Let inner union demonstrate and outer cleavages be gone.
Let love prevail.
Let all men love.