following synopsis in three sections is intended to give the student a comprehensive grasp
of the ideas upon which the teaching of the New Education is based. It is not a table of
contents but gives some insight into the nature of the results to be obtained. Section One
is developed in this book and lays the foundation for Section Two which appears in A
Treatise on the Seven Rays, Vol. V, constituting part of more advanced teaching.
Section Three completes the thesis by adding the Science of Service which is the goal of
the whole enterprise.
Section One: The Objectives of the Future Education
I. The Cultural Unfoldment of the Race.
II. The Next Step in the Mental Development of the Race.
A. In the present transition period.
B. In the Aquarian Age.
III. The Culture of the Individual in order to make him:
A. An intelligent citizen of two worlds.
B. A wise parent.
C. A controlled and directed personality.
Section Two: The Antahkarana
I. The Nature of the Antahkarana.
A. The bridge between the three aspects of the mind:
1. The lower concrete mind, the
receptive common sense.
2. The individualized mind or the
soul, the spiritual ego.
3. The higher abstract mind or the
factor of the intuition.
B. The agent of alignment between:
1. Mind and brain or man in the
2. Personality and soul. 
II. The Technique of Constructing the Antahkarana.
A. Its construction up till the present time.
B. The immediate task ahead.
C. The seven ray methods employed in this construction process.
III. The Antahkarana and the New Education.
A. The practical results of the new technique:
1. Will induce wholeness or the
ability to see life whole.
2. Will foster the sense of
synthesis and therefore the group spirit.
3. Will develop the intuition and
the ability to contact the world of ideas.
4. Will train the will, especially
B. The mystical results will be:
1. The development of the mystical
sense and the mystical realization
2. The recognition of a new
The objective is to integrate the personality.
Next, the objective is to give the vision of the soul, the central self.
C. The occult results will be:
1. The bringing about of the
at-one-ment or the identification of the
with the central self, the soul.
2. The mind, then, will be trained
and become an intermediary between
Section Three: The Three Major Sciences of the Aquarian Age
I. The Science of the Antahkarana.
A. The mystical realization of duality.
1. The problem of the integrated
2. The vision of the soul, the
3. The problem of the mystic.
B. Occult identification or at-one-ment.
1. The integration of soul and
2. The mind as an intermediary.
3. The problem of equilibrium or
C. The application of these concepts to the immediate educational
II. The Science of Meditation.
A. Meditation as an education technique.
1. Right control of the mind.
2. The two functions of the mind.
3. The mind as it builds the
B. Meditation in the world of ideas.
1. The power to intuit.
2. Sensitivity and response to
3. The function and promulgation of
C. The development of continuity of consciousness.
1. Personality continuity.
2. Continuity and immortality.
3. Continuity and initiation.
III. The Science of Service.
A. Service as a result of soul contact.
B. Service as cooperation with the plan.
C. Service as a technique of group development.
D. The unfoldment of the sense of service in the future.
E. Application of the concept of service to our modern educational