|Turning now to the work of the third group, we find ourselves
concerned with the task of the magnetic healers of the world. This has been dealt with
elsewhere (Esoteric Healing). I will here refer to one or two points of
more general interest, and to their threefold opportunity. It is  of interest to note
that the work of this group is perhaps one of the hardest to carry through, although from
another angle it is far easier than the task of most of the other groups, because the
consciousness of the bulk of humanity is found to be predominantly upon the plane of
illusion and therefore, as the Old Commentary says:
who work to bring in light and yet are surrounded by the maya of the senses, work from the
point of present being and need not to move out or in, or up or down. They simply
of the world upon the physical plane have to work upon that plane and their task is that
of bringing through the energies of life, emanating from the soul plane, via the mind, but
excluding the emotional. These energies have to be brought through into physical
consciousness and, from the physical level, do their necessary and magnetic work. The task
of the healers, if successful, involves:
- The bringing through of healing divine energy.
- The exclusion of the astral world, and therefore illusion.
- The utilization of the healing energy in full waking consciousness upon the physical
Most of the healers in the world are working as follows:
- As purely physical healers, dealing with the vital forces of the physical body, and with
their own consciousness polarized in the etheric body.
- As emotional astral psychics, with the consciousness polarized upon the astral plane,
and utilizing the astral body and working in and with glamor and illusion. The effect of
their work, if successful (and I would have you note that "if," for I deal with
the idea of relative permanency) may be one of two things:
- They may cure the physical ills in the patient which are of such a nature that the inner
astral desire (and  therefore the lower desire) has eventuated in physical disease,
experienced in some aspect or organ of the physical body.
- They may intensify the effect of the illusion of desire in the physical brain
consciousness and cause such a violent increase of the active energies that death may
occur before so very long. This is quite a frequent happening. Nevertheless death is a
cure, remember this.
Under these two categories the bulk of the world healers are found - sometimes doing
good, oft doing harm, even if not realizing it, and even if (as is usually the case) of
good intention. There are three other categories of healers, however, to add to the two
- Mental healers in the true sense of the word. Most mental healers unduly flatter
themselves and work not with their minds at all. They have much mental theory and astral
methods. Desire is the motivating power and not mental impulse. The true mental healer
only brings about his results when he knows something of illumination in the technical and
academic sense, and of the power of light to dispel illusion. Disease is not an illusion;
it is a definite effect of a real cause from the standpoint of average humanity. When
healers can work mentally, they deal with the causes of disease and not with the effects.
- Those healers whose soul contact is established and who work through the souls of
people, enabling them therefore:
- To stand in spiritual being
- To work, free from illusion
- To achieve true perspective upon the physical plane
- To coordinate the personality and the soul so that the will of the inner spiritual man
can work out upon the physical plane.
- Those who can work (as is eventually intended that this third group should work)
definitely as outposts of the  consciousness of the Hierarchy of Masters. This work
will be done in group formation and with a united synthesized effort. The personal effect
of such healers is therefore:
- To coordinate the personality of the patient. They are themselves coordinated.
- To bring about contact with the soul, on the part of the patient. They are themselves
vitally in contact.
- To fuse and blend the personality and the soul and thus provide an instrument for the
distribution of spiritual energy. They are themselves thus fused.
- To understand and use the laws of true spiritual healing through intelligent activity
upon the mental plane, through freedom from glamor, and through such a right use of force
that the instrument of the soul (the personality) becomes vitally magnetic.