|The Dissemination of Information of a Preparatory
Those who do the work of reaching humanity with the needed information
fall into two main groups:
- Disciples and convinced aspirants who are today working in the field of occultism.
- Those disciples and initiates who will emerge from the three Ashrams and whose work is
largely to act as the vanguard of the Hierarchy and precede it into outer manifestation.
This will begin in the year 1975, if the disciples now active will do their work
Much has already been done in familiarizing the general public with the concept of the
Hierarchy. Much of it has been done in such a manner as to bring the whole subject into
disrepute, as well you know. The groups now occupied with the dissemination of occult
teaching would be well-advised to change their methods if - beneath their pronounced
ignorance and their love of the spectacular - there lies a true belief and a real
humanitarian desire. Information anent the Hierarchy should take the following lines:
- Emphasis should be laid on the evolution of humanity with peculiar attention to its
goal, perfection. This is not the idealistic perfection of the visionary mystic, but the
control of the instrument, man in incarnation, by the indwelling and over-shadowing soul.
The constitution of man should be increasingly taught.
- The relation of the individual soul to all souls should be taught, and with it the
recognition that the long-awaited kingdom of God is simply the appearance of
soul-controlled men on earth in everyday life and at all stages of that control.
- From a recognition of this relationship, the fact of the spiritual Hierarchy can then be
deduced and the normality of its existence emphasized. The fact will appear that
the Kingdom has always been present but has remained unrecognized, owing to the relatively
few people who express, as yet, its quality.
- When this recognition has become general, the idea (by this time permanently present in
the human consciousness everywhere) and good sense also will testify to the fact of the
presence of Those Who have achieved the goal; Their demonstration of divinity will be
regarded as normal, as constituting a universal objective, and as the guarantee of
humanity's future achievement; degrees of this divine expression can then be pointed out,
ranging from that of the probationary disciple, through disciples, to Those Who have
achieved mastery, and up to and inclusive of the Christ.
- Thus gradually the idea or concept of the existence, in bodily presence, of the Masters
will be inculcated and steadily  accepted; a new attitude to the Christ will be
developed which will be inclusive of all the best that the past has given to us but which
will integrate men into a more sane and acceptable approach to the entire problem.
- The time will come when the fact of the presence on earth of the Christ as Head of the
Hierarchy and the Director of the Kingdom of God will be accepted; men will also realize
the truth of the present revolutionary statement that at no time has He ever left the
- Emphasis will also increasingly be laid upon the unfolding Plan, and men will be brought
to its recognition through a study of the evolution of the human family, through a close
consideration of historical processes, and through a comparative analysis of ancient and
modern civilizations and cultures. The thread of purpose will be noted and followed
through, century after century, integrating not only history into one complete story of
the revelation of divine qualities through the medium of humanity, but integrating with it
and into it all world philosophies, the central theme of all creative art, the symbolism
of architecture and the conclusions of science.