- As usually
interpreted by the ignorant esotericist in the various occult groups, the kundalini fire
is something which must be "raised," and when it is raised all the centers will
then come into functioning activity and the channels up and down the spine will be cleared
of all obstruction. This is a dangerous generalization and a reversal of the facts. The
kundalini fire will be raised and carried up into heaven when all the centers are
awakened and the channels up the spine are unimpeded. This removal of all obstruction is
the result of the livingness of the individual centers which,  through the potency of
their life, themselves are effective in destroying all hindrances and obstructions. They
can "burn up" all that hinders their radiation. What usually happens in those
accidental cases (which do so much harm) is that the aspirant, through his ignorant
curiosity and by an effort of the mind (not of the spiritual will, but purely as an
expression of personality will), succeeds in arousing the lowest of the three fires, the
fire of matter, fire by friction; this produces a premature burning and destroys the
etheric web in the etheric body. These circular disks or webs are to be found between each
pair of the centers up the spine and also in the head. They are normally dissipated as
purity of life, the discipline of the emotions and the development of the spiritual will
are carried forward. 
There are four of these webs. When the fourfold personality is highly developed and the
ajna center is awakening, then these webs slowly and gradually, normally and automatically
disappear. The webs in the head are of much higher quality and bisect the skull
horizontally and vertically. Thus they symbolize the Cross upon which a Son of God is
- The three channels up the spine are responsive in their totality to the three major
- To the solar plexus center, providing thus the impulse of desire and feeding the
physical life and the creative urge.
- To the heart center, providing the impulse to love and to conscious contact with ever
widening areas of divine expression.
- To the head center, providing the dynamic impulse of the will to live.
I do not indicate which channel is responsive to which center, except in the case of
the sushumna channel which is responsive only to the energy of the head center
and the directing will, centered in the 1000-petalled lotus. This can be safely stated, as
the spiritual will is as yet undeveloped in those who seek to arouse kundalini. When it is
aroused, they will know what they can safely do.
- The three centers in the head are also related to this triple channel:
- The medulla oblongata area (the alta major center) and the carotid gland.
- The ajna center and the pituitary, body.
- The 1000-petalled lotus and the pineal gland.
Students will find it interesting to relate all these triplicities to the three major
- The first ray of will or power,
- The second ray of love-wisdom,
- The third ray of active intelligence,
and also to the three human races which are endowed with the power to unfold the seed
of these divine aspects: Lemuria, Atlantis and the Aryan race. These can be linked, as
seed, to the two final races which will fuse and synthesize all the above powers,
qualities, achievements and goals into one perfected planetary life.
Another synthesis is also possible and of importance:
- Path of Evolution - centers below the diaphragm.
- Path of Discipleship - centers above the diaphragm.
- Path of Initiation - centers in the head.
These groups and triplicities are all related in time and space to the triple spinal
- There is also - again in relation to all the above points of synthesis in the body - one
consummating point of complete fusion. I give each of these in the sequence of their work
- The solar plexus center, fusing the centers below the diaphragm.
- The ajna center, fusing centers both above and below the diaphragm.
- The base of the spine, fusing all six centers.
- The thousand-petalled lotus of the head, fusing all the seven energies.
Bear in mind, in connection with all the above, that we are dealing entirely with
forces and energies, functioning through the etheric body; that we are dealing with 
the tertiary world of causes, which is responsible for the organic world of the dense
physical manifestation. This physical manifestation is itself subject to the influence of
the secondary world of conscious life, which in its turn is responsive in time and space
to the dynamic world of purpose and of Being.
The key to the full life of the soul lies hidden in my words, but it takes the
dedicated life and the illumined mind to profit by the knowledge conveyed, and to see
behind the form of words the key thought which gives it life and - occultly speaking -
Have clearly in mind the concepts of stimulation or lack of stimulation, of interplay
or of separativeness, of quiescence or of activity, for in these dualities are to be found
the causes of health or of disease.